Sunday, December 16, 2012

Twenty concrete angels (revised)

It has always been my plan that this blog is a place to come for a light hearted read.
Nothing about news, as we get plenty of that. But today is different.
I just can't keep it to myself.
I am so sickened by the events that took place in Newtown CT.
I only heard about it once, on the radio that day. I refuse to watch it.
A monster, posing as man, killing young innocent children, over and over.
Children who play innocently, who hold hands and skip, who await Santa Claus, who need bandaids, who love to sit on their mother's lap.
The monsters the children feared were under hidden their beds, were nothing compared to this.
I am so sick of children being abused, misused, and killed.
The Carisssa Boudreaus who lose their life at the hands of their own mothers.
The Tori Stafords who get kidnapped, raped, and killed.
The children who are hungry, left alone, beaten, kicked, sexual exploited.
What is wrong with this world?
Isn't it enough that some children leave this world by accident and sickness, and parents must bury them, along with a part of their own soul.
Isn't just that enough ?

Concrete Angels by Martina McBride