Sunday, January 20, 2013

Diet Crockpot Bread Pudding

I made this tonight. It didn't look like it would turn out, but it did and was delicious.
I measured 1/4 cup of butter, and used some of it to grease the crockpot a bit.
In the crockpot, I threw in 8 slices of bread cubed, a handful of raisins. The recipe I got the idea from also called for apple pieces.
In a bowl I combined the rest of the butter
2 and 3/4 cups of milk
1 egg
a package of instant diet vanilla pudding
4 tbsp of brown sugar splenda
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg

I whisked it all up, and poured it over the bread. I tossed the bread around to moisten the pieces. It looked pretty dry to me, but I put the cover on and cooked it for 4 hours on low as instructed.
Very good indeed ! It served 6 people. Not a bite left.