Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Mirena

I don't know much about the Mirena. I once picked one up for a friend at the drugstore. I was surprised to see that it comes in a box as long as a wiper blade.
The Mirena is an IUD ( intrauterine device ) that works as a reliable contraceptive method, or birth control. You need a prescription to get one, and a doctor to insert and remove it.
It's also frequently used to help with heavy periods. It will sometimes even stop your period altogether.
The Mirena, once inserted, looks like this picture.  You can keep it there for up to 5 years.
After three months of it's removal, you will be fertile once more.
There's a lot of mixed reviews about the Mirena, and reviews are what I am looking for today.
Vote on the poll above, or better yet, leave me a comment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had one put in years ago & I had to be put to sleep to have it removed...it was inbedded in the walls of my womb!