We had a good chat about housework the other day, when a friend's housekeeper broke her foot.
Trying to ease her sorrow, we were giving her encouragement. Telling her how fun cleaning can be. LoL !
We suggested a variety of things...
- lighting a candle/ creating ambience
- filling a bucket of water with avon bubble bath to clean gets me going
- playing music
- watching HGTV
- watching hoarders
I actually came across a couple ideas online.....
- use a timer ( I haven't actually set a timer, but I will sometimes devote a set amount of time , like I have 40 minutes before Coronation street, to tackle a cleaning chore)
- sip a glass of wine, or a favorite hot beverage
- tackle the biggest job first
- talk on the phone
- reward yourself afterwards
- think of it as burning calories
- not sure where to start ... list the chores, and cut them. Draw one at a time.
Do you have any tips to share ?