Wednesday, April 01, 2015

My Owl sighting

Image result for what owl are youA somewhat strange story.
A birdwatching co-worker ( I'll call him speedy Gonzales) needed a ride to and from work today.
I don't know much about birds. I know hawks, seagulls, crows and robins.
I told him I envy people who see owls. Why can't I ever be so lucky to see one ?

The ride to work was uneventful. Nothing to see except a dead cat and four little birdies on a wire.

Later in the afternoon Speedy shows up at my door with a strange request. Is it okay if we bring a dead owl home, double bagged of course ? Someone dropped it off to him.

We encouraged him to show us the little owl ( can't remember his name). He used to say Woo Woo Woo.   He was pretty. And really light weight. A feather-weight, you could say.

So I did see an owl today...  and was his hearse.