Sunday, May 03, 2015

Cajun duck stew

Image result for chez pierre









Chez Pierre:
"Put 2 tablespoon olive oil in a big pot. Add cut up ducks. I leave the skin on if possible, but some chefs like the skin removed. I prefer wild ducks, but ducks from Sobey's will do.
Add one tablespoon of Cajun seasoning. I have some bought in USA from Louisiana, but the one from superstore is fine.
Heat ducks till lightly browned, then remove from pot
Add one tablespoon flour, stir up and heat till thickened. This is called a roux by real chefs from the bayou.
Add chopped onions,( one big or two small) celery, green pepper, 3 crushed garlic cloves, I added one potato cut up into squares, veggies not critical, you can use what you have on hand ( which I''m sure is what they do down there)
Add small can of chicken stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
Put duck meat back in, add a little cayenne pepper, cover a
nd simmer for 30-60 minutes."