Sunday, June 21, 2015

Day 12 of the 14 day Make Over my morning course

Image result for day 12

Oh it's getting close to the end of the course.
This morning I drank cold water. I peeled vegetables and prepared my roast while looking at the cold tall glass of water.
I drank it, thinking it may be nauseating. I didn't get a jolt of energy from it, but it took less time to drink than a coffee would have. I decided not to have coffee until I went to my parents for a visit; so maybe I had more energy, or simply more time to kill.  I dunno. I will try again tomorrow.

Today's lesson is on decreasing the number of decisions we make a day.
5000 is the estimate of decisions we make EVERY DAY.  Five thousand ? Really ?
We suffer from decision fatigue.
So the homework is to create a system for two things that stress me. Using a system versus a decisions.
I chose

  • making a supper menu for the week ( I used to and it was easy to follow and great for the shopping list)
  • doing book work/paper clutter/things to read/mail . It drives me nuts. I always have plenty things I want to read, emails to reply, receipts to sort, bookwork, and mail. I should get a system for this. A couple hours a couple days a week really would do it. Sunday evening will be one, and maybe Wednesday after supper. I shall try it.