Sunday, November 22, 2015

Crock pot spaghetti and meatballs



I looked for a recipe to prepare for the crockpot while I went to the Beatles tribute ( which was awesome).
Grease the slow cooker.

  • Empty a 450 gram package of spaghetti in the bottom.   (This equals a half pound. I had a large 900gr bag, so I put half in the bottom)
  • Empty a 24 oz jar of sauce, or use 3 cups of sauce.
  • Add 4 cups water or broth
  • Add some frozen meatballs (24 they called for)
Cook on low for 4 hours.
It was so-so. I think the family liked it more than myself.
I would have added sauteed onions, mushroom, and peppers.
I used store bought sauce, and no doubt a homemade sauce would have been yummier.
If I would have been home I likely could have ate it earlier, as I found it a bit too cooked. I was 20 minutes late.